Thanks to BasicAwareness the robot:
- seems aware of his surroundings,
- is capable of detecting humans around him,
- is able, autonomously and proactively, to look at humans around him.
Waiting for stimuli
Reacts to stimuli such as:
- touches on bumpers,
- touches on hands, or
- human detection.
Looks in the direction of the stimulus with his head and body.
Comes back to a neutral position if he found nobody, tracks the person otherwise.
Tracking detected human
Follows the engaged person with his head and body.
- As soon as the robot perceives a stimulus,
- When the robot is tracking the engaged human
For optimal detection and tracking, it is recommended to run a LocalizeAndMap to map the environment, and then a Localize to keep the robot localized inside his environment. Using his map, Pepper has an (almost) 360° awareness, using his base sensors.