NAOqi Python - API ¶
Some parts of the Python SDK are used internally by Choregraphe , or generated automatically, so please, do not use anything that is not documented here, or expect the API to change.
This is the main Python module.
object lets you create a proxy to a module.
Two different constructors are supported, depending whether or not you have a Broker instance available.
ALProxy(name, ip, port)
- name is the name of the module,
- ip is the IP of the broker in which the module is running,
- port is the port of the broker.
As a rule of thumb, you should use this when writing code outside choregraphe.
- name is the name of the module.
ALBroker, ALModule ¶
You should only need this if you want to write NAOqi modules in Python, for instance because you need to subsribe to an event with a callback.
The full process is a bit tricky, and is documented in the Reacting to events tutorial.
ALBroker(name, ip, port, parent_ip, parent_port)
Create a python broker.
- name name of the broker.
- ip The IP the broker will be listening to.
The port the broker will be listening to. If the it equals
0, we will find a free port and use this.
- parent_ip The IP of an other broker to connect to.
- parent_port The port of an other broker to connect to.
This class lets you write NAOqi modules in Python.