Hello World 1 - using Choregraphe ¶
|Level||All beginners||Time||5 min|
|OS||Linux - Windows - Mac||Preparation||15 min|
Preparation time is given for the case you have to install tools prior the tutorial.
Before starting ¶
- Make sure you have a robot ready to use. Otherwise, read NAO - Out of the box.
Make sure Choregraphe is installed on your computer.If it is not the case, see Installing Choregraphe suite.
Let’s do it ¶
Click the Connect to button and connect Choregraphe to your robot.
For further details, see How to connect your NAO.
Your robot appears in the Robot view.
Drag the Audio > Voice > Say box on the grey area.
Create a link as below.
Click the Play button.
Your robot says “Hello”. In the meantime, the Robot view displays the message.
How it works ¶
- The Connect to button allows you to define on which robot you will send your program.
- Dragging and dropping a box creates a ready-to-use copy of a predefined program.
- The Play buttons has a 2-in-1 function: it uploads the program on the robot and starts its execution.
- The execution automatically starts the box linked to the onStart input.
What you have learned ¶
In Choregraphe, ready-to-use boxes allow you to create and play behaviors without writing a single line of code.
To go further ¶
While you are there, take the opportunity to discover Choregraphe more in details, trying to make your robot walk, for example. See: Your first steps in Choregraphe.