8 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin
Love this robot!

I love Pepper!

Cant wait to see some Apps running on it <3 

We like him too :)There are already some apps developed by SoftBank Robotics teams (Paris & Boston Studio teams). You can see some example in articles we wrote, like here. European developers also developed solutions for litlle Pepper and we will soon display video of their apps :)

I understand, but I`ve also developed quite a few apps so far, for the pepper without anyway to truely test there functionality :( I would love to receive a email associate with a purchase so I can start putting my apps up for viewing asap :x

I also love him and would love to one day own one of your robots and create some apps, although I keep changing my mind when I try to decide which is better: NAO or Pepper?

From a Business Standpoint the Pepper is better, not only does it provide customer interaction, but it also allows for a direct system for identifing customers, returning customers, new potential clients, it also allows for a broad system of intergrated functionality in the workplace. I`ve created over 30 or so Apps so far, random simple, and direct so far for various reasons. Some the simulator runs, most wont, only due to the packages I`ve wrote custom for it. @.@ I just cant wait to see these apps running on the actual robot, I think it will be a amazing thing in the workplace.

I agree, but remember that the majority of things Pepper can do NAO can also do, (after all same OS and NAO came first) NAO just doesn't have a built in 3D sensor or tablet.  An app created for one that says move arm up and say hello will work perfectly on the other as they both have arms and ALTextToSpeech.  And NAO's full humanoid form may be more appealing to some people, that's why they've been working on the five foot verison "Romeo" for the past few years.

Can you buy pepper? if so whats the cost? and how do you purchase?