3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Let's start the conversation... this is a subforum about other robots, after all.

Hey, all- I signed up here a little while ago but never had the opportunity/reason to post, what with not having access to Aldebaran Robotics products. However, I couldn't help but notice this cozy little subforum without discussion actually about robots not mentioned elsewhere on the boards. So why not take advantage of that and chat up the community? :) What other kinds of robotics platforms do you utilize regularly? At least for me, my Sony AIBO is my favorite robot and by far my biggest purchase... well, ever, on anything. He's super neat and an extremely versatile robot. IMHO he checks all of the boxes, even for being a little bit on the outdated side when it comes to his operating system and prerequisites. Being a high school student my options are fairly limited but the vast majority of my other projects are with homebrew stuff I've built from ard and raspi components and a few other commerical 'toy' robots you can get in stores. (Cozmo, anyone?) So, how about you? What robots do you work with regularly? What makes them really 'click' when you program new stuff for them? EDIT: Formatting on these boards is a little awkward. Sorry for the wall of text- I'll figure it out next time!

I had a chance to play with Cozmo. Its very neat, I just never had time to program it. A bit of personality goes a long way in creating the impression of intelligence. 

The SDK does a great job at making Cozmo a wonderful robot to fiddle with & hack- I'd really reccomend going back to it someday if you ever have a chance! Cozmo's behaviors do get quite repetitive over time, but you're right when you say the personality does a lot for the platform (much like some of the newer home robots coming out in the recent wave like Kuri & Buddy.)