8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pepper Animations (handshake, hugs, etc)

Hello,I would like to know if there are some already ready animations/projects which could be used to let pepper to do a handshake animation or a hugging move.Does anyone have some suggestions? Thanks!

In choregraphe there is a long list of animations. Just search for the animation folder in the box window.

Well, there are no handshakes or hugging in the box libraries. Also, nothing similar in this animation list.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JnMpBvNzhRWl4GzEgUF7UicdmJik7s8T... Any suggestion? :)

It shouldn't take long to make your own in the timeline editor....

@danielsp you are right those exact animations are not available. They are difficult to implement because they encurage physical contact. For the hug: The robot won't move if a person gets too close. For the high-five: The robot cannot time its movement in accordance with the human. But as Collabots said, it would not take long time to create some static animations.

You can try to ask customer support for access to "dabs" (or maybe daps) I believe it was called. Pepper hug, handshake and fistbump should be on the store but the access is blocked. 

Oh I want that too :-D 

Hello! I apologise, there's no way to format nicely on here......Doesn't directly answer your question, but will help. Go to the monitor application that is installed with Choregraphe - choose Memory on the start page then New Configuration File. You'll get a huge list of events. Look under _Behavior__* you'll see lots of behaviours already installed in your robot.For example if you see _Behavior__animationsSitEmotionsNegativeFrustrated_19766270984_root_1in Choregraph you can run the behavior. Use a textedit and put the text "animations/Sit/Emotions/Negative/Frustrated_1", pipe it to a runbehavior box, link the start and ends then run it. Make sure your robot is in the right posture first. Obviously I'm running on a Nao as I picked a Sitting behaviour.- Paul