11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Interaction not working with Pepper

Pepper recognize human, follows face but it won't interact nor it says anything.Eyes are mostly (90%) in white color or in purple (10%) of the time. But like I've said it follows human face and doesn't speak anything which conflicts with this explanation from documentation.What to do to make this work?

There is a BUG in the Basic Channel ... a problem in the Cloud. Has been there for over3 months now.

Thanks, that explains it.

You would think that for Thousands of dollars, we would get more than an Explanation!

I need for NAO to work as stated in the documents.

. . . . That's the way I learn. I read about it, then I do it. Then, I change it to fit my needs. But, when you can't follow the manual, it really is confusing.:-(

. . . . That's the way I learn. I read about it, then I do it. Then, I change it to fit my needs. But, when you can't follow the manual, it really is confusing.:-(

@#1 What exactly are you trying to do with pepper?  If it is the default dialog app, what behavior do you expect from Pepper?

I got a NAO because I could not afford a Pepper.  I wanted an autonymous robot that was smart and have a chatbot to remember stuff and  be used for Geriatrics. My NAO is now for sale.

I got a NAO because I could not afford a Pepper.  I wanted an autonymous robot that was smart and have a chatbot to remember stuff and  be used for Geriatrics. My NAO is now for sale.

BTW make sure you are subscribed to the basic channel http://doc.aldebaran.com/2-4/nao/nao_store_channel.htmlFor the robot to start interacting, make sure you are at approximately 1 meters distance, standing in front of the robot. Depending on the configuration, you may be outside the engagement zone. (see ALEngagementZones) The basic channel is working on my Pepper robot.