12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Basic Channel for NAO is Broken !

I was informed by Customer Care that the basic channel for NAO is broken and doesn't work properly. We can only await until this issue is fixed before we can speak with NAO autonomously. Three months ago Customer Care told me they were working on solving this issue, but they haven't done anything yet to fix this.Is anyone able to speak with NAO autonomously right now?? Please help !!! 

I agree with him. NAO is Really Dumb without this. Why make us go back to the very beginning and re-invent the wheel. NAO should do as the Documents says he will. Very SAD!!! Please Help!!!!!!

Also agree, this is very sad indeed!

This is terrible, we could use an asnwer on this.  

Just to double check because I saw this happen recently: when you go into the store and go into Channels, did you make sure that you pressed the + button next to "Basic Channel"? Once you do that, go to the robot webpage (robotname.local or robot ip) and go to the 3rd icon, and click update all. This may take a little time. After this, once you double tap (or press the heart in Choregraphe) NAO should stand and look around. For voice commands to work, NAO has to see your face and be looking at you. The eyes will change color and the ear leds with rotate. You can then talk with NAO. Try something like "Follow me" or "Hello NAO". This takes some practice and sometimes NAO has trouble finding a face and starting to listen.If this helps anyone, please post that it helped.

Thank you very much ! But I already tried this many times and doesn't work. EVen factory resetting the robot.This is the error -->[I] 1500411196.569183 3954 audio.alspeechrecognition: **************************** listening ON *****************[E] 1500411196.571185 4111 audio.AsrHybridNuance: Could not start speech recognition engine:audio.NuanceVoconEngine::startAudioChain()The recognizer cannot start without any context

What version is on your NAO? If it is 2.5.x then this version is more intended for Pepper. For EVO it should be 2.1.4 and not higher . You can see this information in the robot webpage. There are also some related things on the old forums:https://community.ald.softbankrobotics.com/en/forum/bundle-error-dialoge...There also may be a problem where your 2 languages are not set, but this is an SBR side issue. (so contact support) It may be an issue with nuance side, but also it could be that you are missing key dialog apps from the basic channel.  

This AM, the technician told me that the basic channel was now fixed.   I just got my robot back from the factory. This morning my NAO said "Ouch!" when he was starting to stand up and threw his self backwards very hard. His left leg lost the power  to it and the left arm started clicking. Now, he requires hundreds of dollars more to fix him.  So, I cannot test if the basic channel is working, my NAO is broken. I have handled him like a baby and he was completely over hauled 3 months ago.

Anyone like to buy a NAO ver. 4    Blue?  

@yhmmc I don't understand, you say "you just got your robot back" but it was fixed 3months ago? If there is still a problem after repair, usually it is covered under a 90 day regardless if you have full warranty or not.

I was just out of the 30 day period. And, they said it did not sound like what they worked on. Only the items replaced earlier would be covered.

That is unfortunate yhmmc. If the shoulder makes noise when standing only, it is normal for gears to slip. (plastic in v4, ,metal in evo) While annoying, that should still be functional. As for the loss of stiffness in the leg, that could be a variety of special issues (probably power disconnection) It probably won't help, but you can try to hold your NAO chest button until it turns blue when the robot is off and it will boot into a reflash boards mode.