4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nao cannot hear me give commands or answers to questions.

Nao V4 cannot hear me give commands or interact with me. This causes me to loose about 50% of Nao's usefulness. Very frustrating!

Aldebaran, WHEN will this issue be fixed?

Thank You!

On V4, these microphones are not directional and in general NAO has a tough time in loud settings. Another issue in V4 is that over time the cable may wear in the head that connects the microphone, thus disabling them. I'd advise to send in for repair and contact support. And always remember, NAO is not "listening" unless the leds in the ears are rotating and you hear a bedup sound. You also need to either add your own dialog or make sure that basic channel is installed and autonomous life is on.

I just got nao back from the factory from a complete overhaul. He should not have issues. I am told the basic channel has an audio BUG in it.

Isn't there some type of workaround? Like maybe using the last working version of basic channel to get this guy working? It is frustrating to spend what I spent and have a unit that I cannot run 95% of the software on. There was a time when everything worked together. When was that and what version. And, where can I get the last basic channel that worked.